Sunday, July 8, 2012

Family Reunion, Fourth of July and Fun

We had a blast this past week at the Backus Family Reunion up in Dolores, Colorado.  Peter made quick work of building a dam so that the babies and mamas could lounge without being swept down river. We rode motorcycles, swam, lounged in the beautiful weather and ate the entire 3 days we were there.  It was sad to come back to the valley. I touched the car window as we rolled into the driveway and it burned my hand....at that moment I wondered why we live here.  Needless to say, I had to remind myself that winters in Arizona are beautiful.
 


 

 I am sure the rest of you enjoyed 4th of July as much as we did.  The unexpected rain was slightly chilly while we rode the slides of Wet n' Wild in the morning with the Dangerfield family.  I was glad we didn't bother taking Scout to a fireworks show that night, she jumped and cried every time a firework exploded.  Luckily, we were able to enjoy some large fireworks the neighbors were setting off over at Gilbert Jr. High, so we weren't completely without a show.

        She eats like her dad right?             




1 comment:

Unknown said...

she is getting SOOOO big! i wish we were still in colorado and would have been able to see you guys when you came up like last year! we miss you 3 tons!!! xoxox