Monday, February 21, 2011

Big Black Smoke

I decided to play a little trick on Peter for his birthday.

The month before his birthday I kept telling Peter we needed to wait to buy his bike till we had all the money saved, But I was planning to buy it for him as a surprise all along. So, on the day of his birthday I bought the bike and stashed it in the back yard. When he got home from school, I informed him I had changed my mind about buying the bike and we should do it right now. He was so excited as we headed down there, but I knew full well that the bike is no longer there. His heart sank like a stone when they told him it would be a few months till they could get another one. We left empty handed (wink!).

I think it's only me who thinks things like this are funny.

Then after hitting up Joe's Farm Grill and Krispy Kream, the first leg in the birthday trifecta, we went home to pick up bicycles and ride to Joe's BBQ and Liberty Market. That's when he found his bike nicely placed in the backyard.
And that's when I was deemed the best wife ever.

Peter fell in love with the bike when he realized it was a good 3 inches larger than your standard cruiser. Can you see the size difference?

I hope Joe realizes people like the Dangerford's take advantage of his $10 free birthday dinner by hitting up all 3 of his restaurants.

Happy Birthday Peter!

Love Lacy and Scout

6 comments:

Unknown said...

we are terrible friends who missed your birthday, so a belated birthday to you peter!! glad to hear you had an awesome surprise! that's a pretty sweet ride!

Heidi and Bryan said...

that was a very tricky thing you did, but made the gift that much better, you are very sneaky!

Brown Sugar said...

I played a trick on Matt on his birthday too, I had divorce papers drawn up and hide them inside his birthday card, after 12 hours of uncontrollable sobbing I let him in on the birthday joke. That is how I got deemed the worst wife ever.

Happy birthday to the meat man.

Aileena said...

didnt know about the free birthday dinner. do you just show up?

Lenor said...

that is funny!

debsfreckles said...

This is kinda funny cause we did the exact thing to Peter in high school on his birthday, only it was for a signed Weezer picture and not a bike. Is it something about Peter that makes people want to trick him??